Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Day I Became a Nigerian Prince

Have you ever received an email telling you if you provided a Nigerian Prince with money, he would be able to access his inheritance from his father and give you a few million? Well apparently I was selling false dreams like this as well (unknowingly). I arrived in Paris employed by Concierge Plus Group. They claimed to be a 'premier concierge service' for all the major trade shows happening in Europe (Cannes Film Festival, Berlin Film Festival, MIPIM, MAPIC, etc). Recently some shady events took place: 1. They provided hotel-issued confirmation letters looked like my 5 year old nephew put them together on Word and featured stock photos from other sites. The client called the hotel and confirmed we did not make any reservations on their behalf and that the letter wasn't issued by them 2. The company has to continuously change bank details 3. It was formerly known as Euro-events.uk, a company identified as being fraudulent on multiple sites 4. My boss uses an alias for his outgoing emails. His last name recently changed on Skype. 5. Then found the following articles from events that we sell to: http://my.mipim.com/en/prepare-my-visit/fraudulent-accommodation-providers/ http://www.mapic.com/en/mapic/prepare/book-your-accommodation/fraudulent-accommodation-providers/ Plan of action: 1. Call all companies that have paid deposits/in-full for upcoming events and tell them they've been duped (as were we). If we can't save them their money, the least we can do is have them not arrive to Cannes during the film festival and have absolutely no where to stay 2. Call the events that haven't listed this company as fraudulent and advise them to do so. Pretty exciting stuff for only two weeks into this adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I am in a similar situation and wish to sue Concierge Plus Group in court, but am unable to find their headquarters to properly deliver a writ of summons. Would you agree to give me any information you have on this company ? You can contact me at my email address lbonnet_fr@yahoo.fr to discuss this matter.
    Thanking you in advance,
    Loïc

    ReplyDelete